Percentile needed for an A: 94% Percentile I earned: 93.96% The GPA just went to 3.9450. Damn. Damn. Damn.
Bears cap big comeback with OT win over Broncos
Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Robbie Gould's 39-yard field goal 3:41 into overtime capped an amazing comeback by the Chicago Bears, lifting them over the Denver Broncos, 37-34, at Soldier Field.Aw heck, I'll tell it anyway..... Ya know the best way to keep bears out of your yard in the autumn? Put up goalposts.
:-D 14 page term paper, properly footnoted ( with yet ANOTHER citation format to be mastered) and page count to not include a proper title page, Table of Contents, and Works cited page .... check Final "structured discussion" question..... check. Final exam consisting of 6 essay questions, no time limit as long as you don't leave the page..... check. Taking a "winter holiday break" until January 4th .... Priceless. The celebratory glass of Marion Blackberry from Three Lakes Winery ain't bad, either.
Right! On with it, then!
Sent to me by a former Minnesotan. Yep. One who got smart and came out from behind the Cheddar Curtain into the light.
98% OF AMERICANS SAY "OH SHIT" BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH ON A SLIPPERY ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM MINNESOTA OR WISCONSIN. THEY SAY, "HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS SHIT."
Wausau Daily Herald - Bruce Springsteen to perform in Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE AP — Bruce Springsteen is returning to Milwaukee. The musician and the E Street Band will be playing at the Bradley Center on March 17th.The Journal Sentinel reports this morning that tickets will go on sale at 11 a.m. November 26th. Tickets will cost $65 or $95, and that doesn’t include service charges. They’ll be available at the box office or at Ticketmaster outlets.$95 also doesn't include parking. Now ask me if I care. Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce is coming to town!
And take a guess at the title of the Chapter? "Playground Politics for Grownups". Or how about "Put on Your Big Boy Pants, Hugo"? Now I wish I hadn't written the term paper on Containment. Chavez-watching just makes the writing so easy. FOXNews.com - Chavez Demands Spanish King Juan Carlos Apologize for Verbal Slap, Hints Investments Could Be at Risk
CARACAS, Venezuela — President Hugo Chavez is not about to turn the other cheek after a catching a verbal slap from Spanish King Juan Carlos last weekend. The fiery leftist leader of Venezuela all but openly warned Spain that his country doesnt need Spanish investment, and that he expects the king to offer an immediate apology. "The king lost it," Chavez said at a political rally late Tuesday night. "He should say, ... I, the king, confess, I was beside myself, I made a mistake. " The international incident took place last Saturday at a political summit in Chile, during which time the king interrupted a Chavez name-calling rant by leaning across the conference table and yelling, "Why dont you just shut up?" Chavez again spoke about the incident during a news conference Wednesday, repeating his demand for an apology, while offering a veiled threat of retribution. "He disrespected me, and he was laid bare before the world in his arrogance and also his impotence," Chavez told reporters. "We dont want this to become a political crisis."Impotence? Sigh.... On Page Two of the "I Can Has President?" manual, it clearly states:
"The best way to cause a political crisis is to go for the 'nads."On Page Three, we read:
"Hugo. Why don't you just shut up?"
The Containment and the Cold War paper is.... *DONE*. Hope it pulls the solid "B" back up to goal grade, lol. I sorta fluffed the first exam, dammit. And on another note, I think I'm in love with Harry S Truman. P.S. Didn't my beloved Pack look great against the hated Viqueens? 34-0.... :-D
Hollywood horror show: Writers to strike - CNN.com
LOS ANGELES, California CNN -- Show-business writers will go on strike early Monday after their negotiating team recommended a walkout over royalties that could immediately pinch late-night TV shows. Timely programs like "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" could be among the first affected. The Writers Guild of America board voted unanimously to strike as of 12:01 a.m. Monday 3:01 a.m. ET, officials said.I haven't been reading very much about this--I didn't even know there was the possibility of a strike until I heard it on the radio last night at work. The newsreader stated that the worst part of a strike is that we could all be watching reruns before the end of the year. (Oh, the horror) I kinda think this won't affect me very much, however. I turned on the tube when I got home this morning, just to see what was happening in the world-- and couldn't figure out at first why the TV was tuned in to ESPN. Then it hit me. I haven't turned the box on since last week's Monday Night Football. I am obviously not holding up my share of the appreciation and advancement of American Culture. L-)