I got this WONDERFUL email this evening!!
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN®) recently agreed to reduce their Registrar Transaction Fee from $.25 to $.22. What does this mean for you? Good news. You have been credited $.03/yr for each domain name you registered or renewed dating back to July 1, 2006* -- $.03 has been placed into your Go Daddy® account with this customer number: XXXXXXXX.I feel so.... blessed and rich. "Good news" indeed. And tomorrow I will have updated photos of the thing that nobody can figure out. It's looking pretty good so far! [/end tease]
Woman, 95, to be oldest college graduate
HAYS, Kansas - When 95-year-old Nola Ochs graduates next month, she will be the world's oldest college graduate. The record Ochs will break, according to Guinness World Records, belongs to Mozelle Richardson, who at age 90 in 2004 received a journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma.
It's been fun being a baby boomer ... until now. Some of the artists of the past are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers.
1. Herman's Hermits--- Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker. 2. The Bee Gees--- How Can You Mend a Broken Hip. 3. Bobby Darin--- Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash. 4. Ringo Starr--- I Get By With a Little Help From Depends. 5. Roberta Flack--- The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face.Oh man, does that one ever apply to me!!
6. Johnny Nash--- I Can't See Clearly Now.Yup. I haven't seen anything within arms' length for at least three years now. Sometimes that's a good thing.
7. Paul Simon--- Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver . 8. The Commodores--- Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom. 9. Marvin Gaye--- Heard It Through the Grape Nuts. 10. Procol Harem--- A Whiter Shade Of Hair.It's NOT white, dammit!! It's BLONDE!! Blonde, I tell you!!!
11. Leo Sayer--- You Make Me Feel Like Napping. 12. The Temptations --- Papa's Got a Kidney Stone. 13. Abba--- Denture Queen. 14. Tony Orlando--- Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall. 15. Helen Reddy--- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore. 16. Leslie Gore--- It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To. 17. Willie Nelson--- On the Commode Again.I think I liked the older versions better.
This week, class is into Syria and Lebanon, the Hariri assassination and the resulting UN Mehlis report. It's times like this that I realize how little I know about the world. I have realized one thing, however-- I don't do well with this "six countries in two days" overview type of class (especially ones where the lecture portion appears to have little or nothing to do with the question at hand--I never was much good at connecting dots spaced so widely). I need more detail, and a greater amount of time spent on a subject. I think this week would make a good semester-long class. I need that much time, lol. Next up... 7-pager on Iran's nuclear program, and then the finale for the course -- an assessment of the 2006 National Security Strategy of the US. I need waaaaay more time. I also need a better note-taking system; this is the most disorganized mess of paper and computer notes it's possible to make. They say a clean desk is the sign of a sick mind--I wonder what a six-inch-deep pile of paper on the dining room table says? Back to the books.
Gunman in massacre contacted NBC News - Massacre at Virginia Tech - MSNBC.com Before going off to commit mass murder, killer Cho Seung-Hui took the time to mail a package of carefully prepared DVD's off to NBC news. Just in case some of us didn't get the point, didn't understand how somebody could commit a heinous act such as his, he was careful to explain for us.
The extensive material sent to NBC News this week by Cho Seung-Hui includes an angry diatribe against the rich and numerous unspecified enemies. Among the statements: • You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul and torched my conscience. You thought it was one pathetic boy’s life you were extinguishing. Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people.Why is it that psycho freaks, mass murderers, and ^*&(%$'s like this guy all seem to think they are emulating Christ? Why is it that they all seem to believe that they are the "truth" , the rest of us poor schmucks are nothings who need the guidance of their superior intelligences? Do they believe somehow that they can become love through murder? What kind of synapse misfires deep in these people's brains; what kind of wiring connection is missing?
• Do you know what it feels to be spit on your face and to have trash shoved down your throat? Do you know what it feels like to dig your own grave? Do you know what it feels like to have throat slashed from ear to ear? Do you know what it feels like to be torched alive? Do you know what it feels like to be humiliated and be impaled upon on a cross? And left to bleed to death for your amusement? You have never felt a single ounce of pain your whole life. Did you want to inject as much misery in our lives as you can just because you can?It all comes down to power in the end, doesn't it? It all comes down to hurting somebody else in some way to make one's self more powerful. By causing horrific pain, Hui felt he would be better, more powerful than those he despised. What a pathetic epitaph to write for himself.
Republican presidential hopeful Thompson: Money-making part of Jewish tradition - - Israel News
Speaking to an audience at the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism in Washington D.C., Thompson said that, "I'm in the private sector and for the first time in my life I'm earning money. You know that's sort of part of the Jewish tradition and I do not find anything wrong with that." Thompson later apologized for the comments that had caused a stir in the audience, saying that he had meant it as a compliment, and had only wanted to highlight the "accomplishments" of the Jewish religion. "I just want to clarify something because I didn't [by] any means want to infer or imply anything about Jews and finances and things," he said. "What I was referring to, ladies and gentlemen, is the accomplishments of the Jewish religion. You've been outstanding business people and I compliment you for that."